Debloating Samsung M01s
While Samsung’s One UI is not as bloated as some other Android skins, it still contains a lot of apps & services that we don’t use and don’t have an option to uninstall.
It is now possible to remove apps from mobile phone without rooting the mobile thank to Android Debug Bridge (ADB). You will need an external PC for this though. The first step is removing apps that can be uninstalled without any tools. Once you have done that proceed with the following steps.
- Go to Settings and enable Developer options.
- Now go to Settings -> Developer Options and Enable USB debugging.
- Download the ADB tool from Google(Link to Windows, Mac OS, Linux).
- Extract the zip file downloaded into a folder.
- Connect your mobile to your computer in File Transfer mode.
- Go to folder where zip file is extracted. Hold shift key and right click. Click on the option “Open Command Prompt” here.
- Enter the following command
- You will receive a authorization prompt in your mobile. Allow the USB debugging.
- Now enter the command
- You can now run the command
pm uninstall -k --user 0 <name of package>to remove any application from your mobile. Replace the
<name of package>with the package names of apps given below.
Here is the list of programs that are safe to be removed from Samsung’s M01s. This list does not include apps that can be uninstalled normally.
These apps belong to Facebook and are safe to remove even if you are using Facebook apps. These apps allow Facebook to update their apps bypassing Google Play Store.
Other Partner apps that cannot be uninstalled
Remove these apps if you don’t need them
com.facebook.system- Main Facebook app
com.google.android.apps.tachyon- Google Duo
com.microsoft.skydrive- Microsoft OneDrive
Samsung’s apps that cannot be uninstalled
com.samsung.android.calendar- Samsung Calendar
com.aura.oobe.samsung- An app that collects analytics & suggests apps to install
com.samsung.discover- An app recommendation service
com.mygalaxy- Movies, music and Samsung store. Available on Play Store.
com.sec.android.widgetapp.samsungapps- Galaxy Essentials Widget. A widget that opens Galaxy Essentials section in galaxy store. A whole app just for this!!!
com.samsung.android.mfi- Another widget that just shows Galaxy features & Samsung’s other apps.
com.sec.android.app.billing- Samsung Checkout app
com.samsung.android.scloud- Samsung Cloud