Table of Contents
- Data we collect
- Third party services
- Use of Data
- LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
This website (https://kolappan.dev/) is owned and operated by me(Kolappan Nathan) as an induvidual for the purpose of serving documentaions of my projects, blog posts, my portfolio, etc… This website is not associated with any corportation or organization.
Data we collect
We do not directly collect or process any personalized data directly from the user. However this website uses various third party services which collect & provide data about our website & its users. These services are explained in detail in the next section.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
Third party services used
We use the following services in our website that collect and process user data.
- Google Adsense - This website serves ads using Google Adsense. We have taken the following steps to ensure that this doesn’t harm our users
- We limited the ads to blog posts only. The project documentations are free of ads.
- We have disabled ads from categories that we feel are inappropriate for the site.
- The ads shown in EEA and the UK are Non-personalised ads.
- Video Ads or VPAID Ads are blocked.
- “Additional third-party ad technology vendors” are blocked.
- We have also indicated Google Ads to “Restrict data processing” in CCPA regions.
- Google’s Programmable Search Engine - The search functionality you see within this site is powered by Google’s Programmable Search Engine. Google might collect data when using the search feature.
- Google Analytics - Analytics for this website is provided by Google. I have set Google Analytics to obtain the least amount of data required. Here is how we restricted the collection of Analytics to just the needed data.
- The option ‘anonymize_ip’ is set to true to protect user’s IP.
- The Enhanced measurement is turned off in Google Analytics for this site.
- Google Signals Collection is turned off
- Google Ad Personalization is disabled for all the regions. This means that the analytics data collected will not be used for ad personalization.
- User Id for cross platform analytics is turned off.
Use of Data
This website can use the data collected for various purposes such as
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features such as comments when you choose to do so
- To gather analytics or information to improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of the site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
We may disclose any data we have in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of this website
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoings in with our Service